When people want to replace missing teeth in Richmond, dental implants offer a long-term solution. They are a good-looking, natural-feeling way to regain dental function, so patients can enjoy biting into and chewing their food as they used to do. For some London dentists, like Sheen Dental Implants in Richmond, dental implants are a way to give their patients replacement teeth that can last a lifetime, if properly looked after.
A customised process
The patient’s dental implant journey begins with a detailed assessment at the dental practice. The patient might want a whole new set of teeth, or just a single one. Everybody’s needs are different, and a meticulous treatment plan will be created to ensure the most effective outcome for the patient. Dental professionals will also ensure the patient’s oral health is in good enough condition to receive the implants.
Then the dentist will place small titanium posts into the patient’s jawbone, in a minor surgical procedure. After a short period of healing, the patient will return to the surgery, where the dentist will attach the new teeth to the implanted posts.
The advantages of having dental implants in Richmond are clear:
- The jawbone meshes with the metal of the implants over several months, in a process called osseointegration, creating a stable base for the new teeth;
- There’s no risk of the new teeth falling out at the dinner table, and the patient can bite and chew their food with confidence;
- The implants conveniently remain in the mouth, becoming a permanent fixture that feels natural and is easy to keep clean;
- They help maintain the firmness of the face’s underlying bone structure, preventing the sunken look that can develop in the long-term wearer of removable dentures;
- Certain words and phrases can be easier to pronounce than they would be without implants, improving intelligibility.
Permanently replacing the teeth with dental implants can improve overall self-confidence as well as dental function and appearance. The patient may feel more at ease when speaking in business meetings or at social events. Choosing to have dental implants in Richmond is a positive step towards a future of good oral health.